Photography Career Tree

3 Careers I would like to have.

1. Photographer
  2. Animator
  3. Game Designer.

These jobs all involve me using my imagination. I love creativity and making things or showing off my ideas will be very useful in these jobs. I’d love for my creations to be put to good use. Preferably, I’d love to work close to my home, I wouldn’t want to separate from my family or be too far. However, If I need to move places, I’d like to work in an office of a BIG studio. I am aware that I’m not guaranteed a working place close to my home. It really depends on if I’m traveling far for my photography career, or if I’m working in a big company to make games/make animations for these games. It also depends on how big the companies/groups that I’m working for, are.

I understand that I’ll have many responsibilities. As an animator I need to work well with a group, this includes group photography and game designing. I’ll need to work hard to meet deadlines for game updates or the release of a new episode for a how or project I’m animating for. I will take my jobs very seriously. I don’t want to let down my group/team. If I’m doing photography solo, I am responsible for any changes my subject/customer requests I make and the quality of the image and service I provide. For all jobs I must be careful with handling equipment, especially since in big companies most of the equipment is not mine. I will need constant communication and must get along with my peers. But I am prepared for this since i want to be successful in my career.

Here is the salary for each career depending on where I live: Photographer ($66,988 a year).  Animator ($55,645 a year), Game Designer ($98,372 a year). I really want a simple lifestyle for my future. So, this salary is fine for me, and I am pretty happy with it. There is a chance these things might not work out for me. But I would like to pursue another career very similar to these, such as art. I could do art classes to make money. Another option I have is art commissions, but art commissions can also just be a little side job or way to make money. I am also very skilled in graphic design, so that is another option that might work out for me. I am very confident in these career options.